1968 Ford Mustang | Concord, CA | Carbuffs
- 289 V8
- 30,200 miles
MPGCity: – Hwy: Actual rating will vary with options, driving conditions, habits and vehicle condition.
Award Winner! Rare Tahoe Turquoise metallic exterior with Lt. Aqua Crinkle Vinyl/ Dk. Aqua Kiwi Vinyl interior. Excellent running matching numbers 289 engine with a C4 automatic transmission. Great driving car. Calendar feature car.
- Car bought by Paul George owner of Mustang Magic in Feb. 1993
- Engine rebuilt May 1993 – new rings, bearings, seals, valve job for unleaded, timing chain, oil pump, pushrods, fuel pump, water pump, rebuilt original distributor, starter and alternator.
- Engine block honed, not bored.
- Transmission rebuilt May 1993 by Grant at Grant& Dans transmission. Medium shift kit installed. New U joints.
- May 1993 suspension, front and back rebuilt. NOS Ford GT rear leaf springs installed. Brakes completely replaced with all new components. New front and rear wheel bearings.
- Paint job by Sousa’s Auto Body in 1996. All exterior trim replace with NOS, perfect original pieces, very few report parts. All new weather stripping. All new interior. Rims from 69 Mach 1 stored since 1969.
- In 1997 the car was show ready.
- In 2006 interior was freshened up with new upholstery and foam, carpet and rear quarter panels. All hoses and belts replaced.
- Engine and externals are all original and numbers matching to the cars VIN. Transmission and rear end are also original to car. Car colors are original.
- Converted to Sprint B package with fog lights, C stripe, wheels and pop open gas cap.
- Car did not come originally with Vinyl top.
- March 2011 – Engine compartment harness replaced. New halogen headlights. Brakes completely gone through. Oil change and transmission service. Master cylinder replaced and all fuel hoses changes.
- March 2013 – current owner purchased the car and has maintained and driven the car regularly. Car made it into a 2016 Mustangs Calendar which comes with the car.